I have a 1993 780A with the 8400 transmission in it. It is not getting the power to the wheels from something slipping etc. the more load you put on it the more it slips, pop the clutch in gear it it tries to go put if theres any load at all it doesn't have enough power to turn the wheels. I replaced the tranny/steering pump to no avail, the tranny oil was clean and the telltale magnet looked brand new as well. I cant find where the relief poppets are at, manual shows them on the end of the tranny pump and theyre not. Need some ideas!!!! thanks
No gears? We had that with a 730 (1990). It was 1996 so my memory is a bit "vague" but the culprit was a "collector housing"(?) I think. The housing on the front of the transmission near the top had scarring inside and was allowing to bypass.
So I contacted Jade euipment and they had me test the driveline movement from the clutch housing to the tranny and it never moved while in gear with the clutch out so they diagnosed the clutch is toast, (i would guess the springs) any idea of who could rebuild or i could get a new one from, I aint paying 4k plus shipping if i don't have to
Maybe it'd be worthwhile to talk to your Volvo dealer in that case. Parts should be available for it. And it's not a huge job. A Champion mechanic rebuilt mine on the side of the road because the rockshaft bushings were so worn it spit out the seals holding oil in. Wet multiplate clutch. I wonder if a similar clutch was used on articulated 4WD tractors?
Your mechanizm cluth drawings are in this page http://www.poempi.lt/en/products/volvo-parts . If u need more details cotant me trough email : [email protected]