Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

930 won’t when cold?

Feed Bunk ยท 2014-03-12 21:56

930 won't move when cold? Howdy, we have an older 1970s vintage 930 wheel loader that has to sit an idle 30 min before it will move. It developed this problem a couple of months ago and I just thought the oil was super cold. Now that its 60 degrees it hasn't improved. Sometimes it starts to move then acts like it in neutral, but after ideling around a while it works perfect. I'm getting ready to change the oil and filter which has 250hr on it. What else should I check? I'm going to order a service manual off cat tomorrow, any advice wold be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-03-13 10:07

    Sounds like the plastic screened orifice in the trans pressure control valve. They come in different sizes and are colour coded due to being used in different transmissions. Later Bob

  2. #2Mobiltech2014-03-13 14:35

    Make sure you clean the suction screen too. A serial number would help . Could be the orifice in the control valve depending on serial number.

  3. #3Feed Bunk2014-03-13 23:19

    41k5467 ill check the suction screen. Where is the control valve located? I do have a parts book.

  4. #4Mobiltech2014-03-14 08:59

    The control valve is under the top cover plate in the top of the trans. I don't think that serial number had the screened orifice in the valve. If the oil is dirty it could still be a control valve contamination problem. See what you find in the suction screen and filter first.