Hi Guys. My family has a large farm. We are looking at getting a new wheel loader. We are looking at deere, cat, and doosan. I must say the Doosan looks very nice. I wanted to ask your guys opions of the new doosan loaders. The loader in question is a 2008 dl300. Thanks, John Gibson
Are there any Hyundai loaders around to compare with the Doosan? http://youtu.be/RCzxii-RiCA (Irish stack loaders)
There is a hyundia dealership nearby, great dealer but hyundias don't look great. We will be using the loader for feed, manure loading etc
JGibson, my buddy purchased a new Doosan 3-4 yard loader a few years ago. It is in a log mill yard with log forks on it they have not had any problems with it probably has 4000-ish hours on it by now....TIO
Hi JGibson, I own a 2011 Doosan DL250 and bought it new in 2011.I have the 3.5yd ACS Bucket, Forks and quick coupler for it. It has been a great machine and has worked for me with out any running problems. Well when new there were a few simple bugs, loose hose coupling for the ACS quick coupler and a sticky pilot valve in the control handle. Easily repaired under warranty. Since then not a hiccup! Starts easily, runs wonderfully and is nice, easy and comfortable to operate. I plow mainly with this machine and have had it out this winter for almost 50 hours straight at one outting (ya, I did sleep in it that time out plowing, the cab is roomy enough I could stretch out!, Although at only 5'8 I have room in most cabs. ) The only item I personally installed after my purchase was a block heater, I had to come up with one as Doosan didn't offer one at that time. Used one from a 5.9 Cummins with some block adapters, even did a write up for the local Doosan dealer so they could install them for other machines and customers. I have only 428 hours on the machine so its really low hours but as its going should be good for years come.
Heres a pic of my Current set up on my Doosan, I also added the fenders as I like my machine to remain clean as possible.
That looks like a sick loader! Thanks for the reply
We are a Hyundia dealer and have lots of them out and have had very few problems with them. Some of the worst trouble has been from the state machines that spend there life in a salt bin which turns everything to a rust bucket.
Looks good. You must have clear coated it or reprinted it as the doosan paint never looks that good.
I know what you mean, I pamper that loader it's only outside for three or four winter months at a time. Then when not in use, it has a bay in the shop it lives in. I'm kinda picky about it so it's waxed twice a year, once before the winter work and once when it comes home after the winter. Then I just try and keep it clean after jobs.
I ran a smaller doosan loader on a job rebuilding a street we were taking 3' of material out (original build put dirt directly on top of the existing grass and soil) and I hated it, the loader had less then 10 hours on it, everything inside the cab was plastic, it had the dual ram set up for bucket tilt and a quick change bucket. The thing either dug a hole to china or pancaked everything down. We had three different operators try it out and we all disliked it. One operator spent 15 years in a loader. I'm on my 3rd year. I don't know what it was but the joints were not a tight fit, the bucket was skinny, long and tall so you couldn't see much. And you sat extremely low in the cab. Only positive thing I remember was it had extremely well road manners. It drove very nice and had good control when driving