Went in Monday morning to see a brand new 930G waiting for me. This is definately one good loader, good visibility, quick, and some good power. I came with a boom, bucket, forks and side dump. Not using the side dump on this job but will in the future. You can see the boom on a couple of pics pulling some rail that we had welded this week. I'll post some more pics of the job later.
Very nice loader,i like it!Thanks for sharing these pictures.
What type of work were you guys doing on the rail? How long have you been with L&M I've just started seeing them around the past few months or so.
I just started with them, they have been around for a little bit already. We're taking out existing track and putting in all new in RI. In that pic, we had welders in that day fusing rails together so whenever one was done, I would pull it until there was enough room for the next one to be fused to it. A 330 was feeding them.
Here are some more pics of the job, the first one was a pic from my loader and the rail I was pulling. You can see the 330 in the background. The other two are of this other machine we got loading up old ties that I had made into a pile into a truck.
I've done some rental work for J.F. White who does a lot of rail work. Crazy hours when you do this kind of work.
the 930 is a nice loader....used to have one at the concrete plant i used to work for to load the plant....now we have 950H
How's the 950H?
Monoboom How is that style of boom? Is there alot of flex? Nice loader!
replie boom The boom is pretty strong, no flex. It has some good reach when loading triaxles and trailers. The visibilty is improved also. So far so good.
just to say this news:cat have introduced the 930h,928h and 924h.Just the 930h and 924h have a bomm like the preceded version(930g,924g).
When was this?
Heh... man am I ever falling behind. The 924H, 928Hz, and 930H specs are on the Cat website.
what do you think about these new loaders?looks good,will try to one at a demo...
Not sure. I wasn't aware of significant upgrades... perhaps some tweaks here and there, and maybe an emissions-compliant engine, but I can't tell you (in the sense of I don't know) what the specific improvements are.
the 980h has joysticks. instead of steering wheel.. sounds like fun.. 'link
Huh?? Where do you see this? Pictures would be great if you have operated one. I was under the impression that Cat only installed the Command Control in the 980H.
Welcome to HEF mclinkus! :drinkup
Hi guys, just posting an update on the loader. So far so good, I have logged close to 600 hrs on her now. The only knock I have on it is the way they routed the auxilary and quicktach hosed down each side of the boom. If you notice in the first couple of pics that I had posted, when the hoses get to the bottom of the boom, it makes a loop down then up to where the fittings are then mounted. If your not careful when back bladding, if you get a rock behind the bucket in the area of the hoses, you can kiss them goodbye. That's the only knock I have on it. Other than that, it's a well built machine.
Nice pictures thanks! Thats a lot of cars there in the background. Are they all new? If so do new cars get railroaded around the US? Ours get trucked around after getting dropped off at the wharf. Cheers
Where we were working, that is where Audi, Volkswagon, and Suzuki come in and then get distrubuted all over the New England area by truck and train. We were updating existing lines and adding new lines so that instead of having the cars come in by ship, they can now come in by train. The owner of the facility was telling me that it is a lot cheaper to ship by train.