One of the rollers on my 931 is leaking. Took it off and it is manufactured by Simmel. Could not find any information on them. Roller itself is good but has a little slop between bushing and shaft. I don't know how much is too much to reseal. I don't use loader for over 100 hours in a year. How long would it last if I filled roller with grease. I am 70 years old so longer than me?
It probably only needs face seals in the roller to get it going again. Even if the bush is badly worn you can get a roller shell with bushes ready to install on the existing shaft for literally peanuts. Try Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/ If you want to know about resealing rollers, see the bottom of page 6 - HeavyEquipmentForums
Since it doesn't look like seals are available for the roller back to my original question. How long do you think it will last if I pack it full of grease. It is kept in a shed and never used in water.
It will last for a while, that's for sure. The problem with grease is that unlike an oil-filled roller it's almost impossible to see if the roller is leaking, plus also the grease film tends to migrate away from the bearing and under those conditions the roller will eventually seize. I'm not sure if you've priced replacement rollers but a new aftermarket one would probably only be around $80.
About $110 plus shipping. I may try it for a while and see how it goes. I don't use the loader much. I have had it for a year and only put 20 hours on it.