Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

931C sprocket

CatSkinner77V ยท 2009-02-04 15:32

anybody know if you need a puller to get the sprocket off? never worked on one before and my nieghbour wants me fix his leaky seals for him.

Replies3
  1. #1JimInOz2009-02-04 16:32

    931 Hi CatSkinner, I'm certainly no expert,but a guy with a hand powered puller removed my early 931 sprockets. Jim

  2. #2992G2009-02-04 17:12

    Some special stuff required. If this is the only one your going to do, see if your Cat dealer will rent the tooling to you? If you had to buy it for one time, it's not worth it. Do you happen to have a service manual for the machine? In the disassembly and assembly section, it will give you all the required tooling.

  3. #3tctractors2009-02-06 12:14

    Rim off. All the little 931/D3 rims need a good tug with the spocket pulling kit, then a good poke back on, I can tell you the kit required and the fitting tonnage if you need it, the most important item is the adaptor that screws onto the dead shaft, in place of the nut behind the centre cap, if you were in the U.K. I would pop them off/on for you no problem, I do have some pics of 4 I did last year that might help you cobble up something to get the job sorted if its any help. tctractors