Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

933 cat track loader

jimg984 ยท 2016-04-29 01:44

lost drive forward and reverse on one side.. what would be first things to look at?

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2016-04-29 11:09

    I don't know what to look for first but I had a TD15 that wanted to go in circles. Don't know the terminology but I ended up pulling off the track and opening up the drive to find the bearings were shot for the bull gear and one other gear so bad they weren't allow them to mesh. Had to cut out the race with a torch and install new bearings.I had started by pulling 1/2 the cab apart and checking the steering clutches but they were new and not the problem.

  2. #2RBMcCloskey2016-04-29 12:59

    A little more information is required. What is the full model of the 933? Caterpillar made two one was a direct drive machine that ended production in the early 60's and was replaced by the 941 and the other is a power shift model from the late 80' through the 2000's

  3. #3ttazzman2016-05-05 03:36

    i might suggest moving this question to the track loader section

  4. #4jaluhn2016-05-06 13:36

    If it's a 42A I have the service manual should you want it.

  5. #5jimg9842016-05-06 19:30

    yes,42a would like to have manual you will have an email on the way

  6. #6jaluhn2016-05-07 14:34

    Haven't seen anything in email, try pming me your email address if you would.