The fenders on my 580sk are totally rotted out. I was hoping to cut off most of the rotted and find some plastic fenders to bolt over top. Anyone make something like that? Maybe fender extensions? Anyone have a better idea?
Have the same issue, need new fender for my 580sk. Any idea ?
Dale Weiss @ e-backhoeparts.com
These make good fenders. Cheap too
There are 68 salvage 580SK's listed on Machinery Trader. LOOK HERE
My fav............
Are these just modified feed tubs or made for this purpose? Got a link?
Those are window wells that are available at any lumber yard in numerous sizes and shapes. I'm sure the suggestion to use them for fenders was in jest.
Did you ever find any plastic fenders ? I’m looking for the same thing.
If u have a Northern Tool by u, they have a wide selection of trailer fenders.. take the dimensions of your bh and try to match something up or get some ideas to fab something up.?? But as stated above, there’s salvage options..
Those are hot dipped galvanized, so they'll last decently. And it wasn't Vetech that posted that, so he might be serious? Better than a kiddie pool, maybe not as good as license plates, with the aluminum rust protection.
Found this place in Canada. Not sure if they ship across the border or what it would cost. https://freeformplastics.com/products/fenderco/backhoe-fenders/
I did get them at Lowe's, and I am using them for fenders on my f250. I made a hydraulic dump bed for it, but made the bed narrow because the truck can't haul but so much weight anyway, and it happened to work out with the metal that I had. So that left most of the back tire exposed. When I went to get it inspected, he would not pass it, said I could not have over 3 inches of the tire exposed. So I went and bought the plastic version of those window wells at Lowe's and cut them a little bit and made brackets and mounted them to the underside of the bed. Passed inspection.
I have a 580 SM2 2007 and the rear inside (above the wheel) are rotted out on both sides. Does anyone have the part number of these ?
or the part name ? I looked for fenders and nogo.
I’m looking for the same thing how did you make out.
The dealer told me the fenders were part of the cab. I sold the machine to a farmer.
I am still looking for fenders. Was going to swap them from another 580K I had, but mine are too far gone to swap....
Shafer Enterprises in Wolf Lake, Illinois. [email protected] 1-800-626-6046 They have tons of Case backhoe stuff. Bought a 450# counterweight for $150
I emailed them but no response.
Looking back, I communicated with them by Facebook messenger and then by phone. I view it as discourteous when people don't respond to emails but maybe give them a call.