Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

933G Sluggish & Blowing White Smoke

BoomerSooner · 2019-07-06 22:51

Recently started having problems with being sluggish and blowing tons of white smoke.

Replies22
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-07-07 01:51

    Well that says a lot. What have you done?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2019-07-07 04:29

    Sputtering & white smoke is usually air.. or a restriction in the fuel system..

  3. #3Rusted2019-07-08 02:07

    Turbo gone south maybe?

  4. #4Nige2019-07-08 08:42

    Obviously not that interested in getting assistance. Hasn't been back since the OP on Saturday evening. And there was me trying to polish up my crystal ball(s)....... Talk about cryptic, I was trying to figure out if he was telling us something or asking for help.

  5. #5BoomerSooner2019-07-19 10:43

    Well found it ran close to being out of fuel so refilled of course then changed fuel filter.

  6. #6BoomerSooner2019-07-19 10:44

    Think air filter might be plugged?

  7. #7BoomerSooner2019-07-19 10:45

    Turbo would usually generate black smoke wouldn’t it?

  8. #8BoomerSooner2019-07-19 10:46

    I’m interested but don’t get notifications on post and last time I posted I would have withered away awaiting a reply sorry all.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2019-07-19 10:54

    WHY are u ASKING about an air filter.?? GO PULL IT OUT.. & yes, a bad turbo will blow GREY or black smoke.

  10. #10Nige2019-07-19 12:50

    If you're not getting notifications check your settings Click on the dropdown next to your username in the top RH corner Click on preferences Below is part of the screen that will appear. Make sure both boxes are checked.

  11. #11kshansen2019-07-19 13:03

    It also helps to give a bit more information. Like how long have you owed it, how many hours are on it. Did the problem come on fast or have you noticed it getting worse over an period of time. What work has been done in the last couple of months. And one of the big ones, what is the S/N? Despite what some of my bosses thought, just because it's yellow and has a big C in the side does not mean it's the same as every other yellow machine with the C on the side!

  12. #12BoomerSooner2019-07-19 17:43

    I have but wasn’t able to clean as I didn’t have compressor at the time but now do. History I had on Farm was exactly that with Turbos.

  13. #13BoomerSooner2019-07-19 17:43

    Thanks

  14. #14BoomerSooner2019-07-19 17:52

    Couple years I have had, and not sure on hours as meter not working. Probably came on all the sudden. Trying to locate SN#

  15. #15kshansen2019-07-19 19:41

    Okay now hoping I don't sound too dumb but what is a 933G? As you posted this in the track loader section and a 933 is a Cat track loader I looked on SIS for Cat and they only list 933 and 933C. So I thought maybe it's a John Deere, I know they sometimes use three digit model numbers and they only list a 933D. And that appears to be more or less a skidder. So either SIS is jerking me around or something else is! Did some more searching and I think I have it figured out, Cat made 933G I think back in the early 1960's so that explains why it doesn't show up on SIS! Might pay to post this over at http://www.acmoc.org I did a quick search on their site for 933G and came up with dozens of hits.

  16. #16BoomerSooner2019-07-19 20:52

    Yes It is a 1965 model and was one of the first models to have a turbo. Appreciate the insight on the other site.

  17. #17Rusted2019-07-20 08:54

    It will be a 42A series if it's U.S. built, which started out as the 933F with a D311 non turbo engine, and became the G series when the engine was changed to the D320T. They didn't make a whole lot of the G's before 933 production stopped in 1968 until the modern version came out in the 90's.

  18. #18thepumpguysc2019-07-20 10:13

    Its a 1965 model & u want to know why its sluggish & blowing smoke.?? Really?? Lol..

  19. #19kshansen2019-07-20 11:50

    Hey Now! I'm a 1950 model and only recently started getting sluggish and have yet to start blowing smoke!

  20. #20BoomerSooner2019-07-21 11:45

    Well I take in consideration the age but machine is in good shape and prior to me getting it wasn’t used that much and well taken care of.

  21. #21BoomerSooner2019-07-21 11:46

    Good point

  22. #22JohnnyCarcinogen2019-08-05 10:45

    When our Cat loader’s turbo pooped out at work last year, it presented the exact same symptoms. In fact, it blew out enough white smoke in a quarter mile that I thought an infantry company was prepping an assault.