Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T110 – Hydrostatic Pump/Motor Issue?

Runnerb03 ยท 2019-07-11 22:59

I purchased a used Bobcat T110 used a few years back, only had 700 + hours on it. Talking to the Bobcat dealer had been in for service not that long before I had bought it. From the get go the left side was always weaker than the right, it didn't want to move as freely and you could hear that side strain but it didn't hamper what I was doing since I wasn't pushing it hard. Recently I was pushing brush and the drive belt broke. I replaced it with a new one and the Bobcat started up fine. I increased the throttle to start moving and everything seemed normal/engine was normal. As soon as I pushed manual joysticks forward to drive the engine started sounding like it was straining pretty bad. My knee jerk reaction was to pull the throttle back and kill the engine so nothing would get damaged. Do the brains on this forum think there was something else that killed the drive belt? Could there a more serious hydraulic issue or something else? Please lend me some knowledge, thank you.

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-07-12 00:22

    Parking brake stuck on? Not real familiar with Bobcat.

  2. #2petepilot2019-07-12 00:36

    we have an older 743 bc on that one if pk. brake is on trying to move it will kill the engine immed,

  3. #3Runnerb032019-07-12 21:56

    UPDATE - Definitely not the parking break. I tried starting it today and the engine is struggling from the get-go and ended up dying. Do y'all think it could be a hydrostatic pump killing the engine?

  4. #4Vetech632019-07-12 22:34

    There is no telling what has been done in the past. I would start off by tracing hoses with a schematic just to make sure they are in the right place.

  5. #5mg23612019-07-13 05:33

    if it started killing your engine the moment you started it are the auxiliary hydraulics engaged or partially engaged?

  6. #6Runnerb032019-07-15 23:19

    I will check the auxiliary light/button next time I try to start it. On another note, since it has been left out in the rain since it is dead in the woods I noticed water collecting under the engine. Do you know if there is supposed to be a hole for the water to drain to and maybe its just plugged? I am wondering if it could be the hydrostatic pump, I haven't yet made an attempt to get to it but it is directly tied to the engine. The first symptom was broken drive belt. After replacing it the engine started straining when the right joystick was pushed. The last starting attempt the engine sounded strained and just died.