Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

938G loader cooling fan cycles

Dieselfixer ยท 2020-07-16 11:50

Hi All I have a 938G loader serial number TWR01926 . The problem with it is the cooling fan cycles from fast to slow every couple of seconds. The engine is not running hot but when the fan slows down the A/C warms up. Is the fan cycling normal? what controls it? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2020-07-16 15:19

    First thing I think might help is if there are any error codes being set. Attached a file on how to see them on the dash:

  2. #2Dieselfixer2020-07-17 20:08

    Thank You. I'll give that a try.

  3. #3Dieselfixer2020-07-23 08:21

    I gave the wrong info on the loader. It's a 938H, SN MJC00121. Couldn't get this method of retrieving codes to work on this machine.

  4. #4kshansen2020-07-23 11:09

    See if the attached file will hep you to see the error codes, looks like the instructions are at the bottom of the info.