Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 950G series ll

Pavazhira · 2020-07-15 01:14

I want to a service a Cat loader 950G with 3126 engine. I saw 3 air filters.why is there 3 air filters.what is the correct name of that vertical air filter(the last air filter that connects the turbocharger air duct). SN : CAT0950GTAYL01822 On that HUEI pump what is inside the top housing is that an oil filter

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2020-07-15 04:03

    I assume you are referring to #5 (an optional attachment), referred to as the “air cleaner” in the Parts Manual. Filter for it is a 156-9328. Primary & secondary elements are 132-7165 & 6I-2504.

  2. #2Pavazhira2020-07-15 06:08

    Thank you Nige.that's the 1.for intrest sake What is the logic behind. They wanted to achieve what there ?

  3. #3Pavazhira2020-07-15 06:11

    On that 3126 CAT engine what is inside the top housing fitted on the HUEI pump.

  4. #4Cmark2020-07-15 07:34

    Whatever it is it's not a filter and definitely shouldn't be removed. I've never had one apart but assume it may be an accumulator or servo.

  5. #5Mobiltech2020-07-15 08:17

    The canister on top of the pump is an oil reservoir to feed the pump on startup. There is a stand pipe that fills it to a certain level. I had a machine that would startup and then stall after sitting for a while. I thought it was fuel bleedback problem but it turned out to be because the stand pipe in this reservoir had come loose. The reservoir was draining back to the oil pan and the pump would run out of oil before the engine oil pressure came up enough to fill the reservoir.

  6. #6Pavazhira2020-07-15 08:22

    Thank you

  7. #7Pavazhira2020-07-15 08:30

    Thank you. That reservoir was leaking then we replaced the whole HUEI pump but the problem is still there. It starts and work but if you switch it off you must wait for it to cool down then start it again otherwise it wont start whilst its still hot. What else can be the problem. No faulty code. May you assist me with a fuel system schematic diagram and give me some hints on how to diagnose this Culprit. Sn : CAT0950GTAYL01822

  8. #8DB22020-07-15 08:30

    Just out of curiosity what is the purpose of the optional air cleaner? A backup in case the main filters are being serviced frequently? Thanks

  9. #9Pavazhira2020-07-20 14:37

    I found the problem today. 1 injector seals were broken. Now its starting anytime without hustling.