Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

938m def manifold

Plummer194 · 2025-01-30 17:48

Does anyone know if def manifold has a high failure rate on a p5k01390. This one was replaced in 2022 under warranty. I just replaced one in 2024 just got called back out 7 months later with the same 3100-2. Replaced with 528-0527.

Replies2
  1. #1Plummer1942025-01-31 10:00

    I removed the def manifold and the sock off it. Manifold has crystals on coolant pipes. What would cause this, I’m assuming they are breaking away and setting off def quality code.

  2. #2Simon C2025-01-31 12:18

    That thing actually looks very clean to me. How old was the DEF in the tank, how long was the DEF in the store. Things to keep in mind. Maybe someone else will chime in on this. Had to change the pump on my skidsteer with 200 hours on it. It was a faulty pump that is all. Simon C