Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 950 90A Series

LAFR ยท 2025-01-30 11:12

Good day to all who take the time to read my post. I would like to see if anyone has a diagram of the electrical system (mainly the charging system) of a CAT 950 with serial number 90A2387 . I need it because the alternator was replaced but it is not generating electricity. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-01-30 11:54

    Early 950 machines had a separate generator and rectifier. There is no electrical schematic listed for a 90A machine equipped with an alternator. Attached is a schematic from an 81J machine which should do the job.

  2. #2Nige2025-01-30 11:59

    This is the electrical schematic that would have originally been used for a 90A machine.

  3. #3LAFR2025-01-30 12:10

    Thank you very much for such a quick reply, the diagrams will help me a lot. I think I should have also clarified that the unit previously had a "generator" or at least that is what the owner says. I have no idea how it was connected since the owner only had the generator replaced with an alternator. But the alternator does not produce any output. The only voltage I have is the same as the batteries. Which decreases instead of increasing.