Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’94 580 super k pan plug

dixon700 · 2014-08-23 06:11

On my 580sk it looks like the crush washer is missing and it seeps a little around the plug I was going to get a new magnetic plug for it for next oil change. Is the plug the same 18mm as the plug in the 5.9 cummins in my pickup? If so I could get the same plug and crush washers. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1fpgm042014-08-23 17:35

    The 580SK typically has a 18mm x 1.5 magnetic drain plug. Sorry I can’t tell you if that is the same as your pickup truck. Keep in mind that magnetic plugs also have temperature specification that the magnet must survive at. I’m also not sure how your truck’s engine and engine compartment temperature compares to a backhoe that has to remain stationary at full RPM for backhoe operation. The magnetic plug (J924147) is $13.75 list price at Coleman’s web site and the sealing washer (10259960) is $2.60 list. Don’t know what your time is worth if the automotive part does not work, but for this type of money it might be best to get the specific parts from Case.

  2. #2dixon7002014-08-25 01:38

    Hmm the price from Coleman is better. I'll have to check into it, but I'm pretty sure my truck sees temps as high if not higher than the backhoe. So the factory plug is magnetic then? If so then maybe my crush washer is just missing I haven't had my drain plug out yet they changed the oil and filters when I bought it and I've only put 30 some hrs on it since purchase.

  3. #3dixon7002014-08-25 01:51

    Just checked it out my 04.5 ram 5.9l cummins uses a 18mm x 1.5 pan plug also so probably the exact same plug.