Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555A steering cylinders

ol' Grump ยท 2014-08-23 07:49

I've got an old Ford 555A backhoe with leaking steering cylinders and no parts book. Would anyone happen to have one and could tell me what seals etc I need to rebuild them? I'd like to get the parts from the "local" (55 miles away) NAPA rather than have to drive another two hours to the NH dealer. Thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1jimg9842014-08-23 10:29

    CALL these people can help you and do sell at fair prices my 555A is bad to leak in this area due to the lines and connection being so low check for tightness http://www.herculesus.com/home.php

  2. #2ol' Grump2014-08-24 08:14

    Thanks, interesting site. Now if I just had a parts book so I could look up numbers there's no doubt I could find what I need. .lol

  3. #3jimg9842014-08-24 08:44

    that's why I say Call them, they can look up the numbers and match

  4. #4sheepfoot2014-08-24 14:54

    You can go to the newholland na site, find the construction equipment page, click the parts and service, order on line and type your 555a under model search, it will bring up the parts book to view. Just pay attention to the notes and other details that it may ask, to make sure your looking at the right pic and part numbers.

  5. #5ol' Grump2014-08-25 07:40

    Thanks for all the help. I did check the New Holland site and printed off the drawing and parts list.