Guys, I have had a '94 Pete 377 for a bit over 20 years. I bought it as a tractor and converted it into a dump truck. The issue I'm looking for help with is with the hood and headlights. As many of you may be aware the 377 headlights are what I would describe as molded into the fenders. They do not reside on a tree like most other Peterbilt headlights do. Over time the headlight lens gets glazed over (sun fading?) and lose a lot of the brightness one looks for to help navigate the road at night. Furthermore the bezels and lens are coming loose. Between the age the hood shows after 26 years of service, and the occasional bumps and bruises that my drivers put it through, the lights are loose in the socket and we can't seem to find a way to keep them mounted in a solid fashion. I have yet to find an aftermarket source for the lens or the bezels and I'm not sure if Peterbilt even makes these parts anymore. Even if they were available I may prefer to switch over to the tree style so that I can easily source the parts. Here's my ask. Can another hood fit the 377? If memory serves me the 378 is the vocational version of the same truck and it came with a straight bumper (another small annoyance with the 377) and a hood that had the small rectangular lights mounted on trees (or posts) like the 379. Will that hood (or another style hood) fit the set-back axle 377 cab/chasis?
I know the 1990 377 Peterbilt hood I destroyed had the rectangular glass headlights. Might be a year to look at.
The 378 is the construction model and the bumper is steel and bends back at corners. And yes you can install a 378 hood on a 377.