Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

94 western star 4964fx detroit diesel 60 series

fergalohara ยท 2015-06-15 06:11

refuses to start it isn't a fuel problem i think its an electrical fault does anyone have the wiring diagram for one of these?

Replies5
  1. #1Mike L2015-06-15 07:33

    What exactly is it doing? No crank? Crank but no fire?

  2. #2fergalohara2015-06-15 09:36

    Cranking but not firing I've checked the fuel pump and blead the system

  3. #3Mike L2015-06-15 09:53

    assuming that it's an electronic engine, does the check engine light come on when the key is on? if the CEL doesn't come on it means that the ecm doesn't have power

  4. #4lg junior2015-06-16 00:15

    My 60series engines are all in Kenworths. But they all have fuses for the ignition, mine are in the battery box. I did have the wiring harness come unplugged that went to the fuses in the battery box. I did also have a fuel return line come loose on the back of the cylinder head. When the fuel drains out of the head it will not fire at all, until it is primed.Acts like an ignition problem, very aggravating!

  5. #5yj junker2015-06-21 14:57

    going to say same as lg junior ,check the wires to the computer at the batteries ,only problems i've ever had with detroits if you still are having problems let me know I do have the full ddec3 and ddec4 wiring diagrams