My parts book for the 941 Loader, Ser# 80H2988 shows a refill cap of 18 US quarts & I wonder if that is a mis- print? It seems to me when we changed the oil back when we got the machine that it was much more than 18 quarts shown in the parts book. It is a genuine Cat parts book too. I plan to draw some oil off & put some #10 in the mix, as when it gets colder I notice the steering clutches are not releasing as well as they did in the warm weather.
Well looked on SIS and see this chart: Not sure if that helps but seems like having the same mistake in two different places and formats would be odd. Note there are two different capacities depending on the steering type, might that tell you something???
Thanks Kshansen.......likely my parts book was referring to the lever steer cap for the bevel gear compartment....good point. I know when we changed the oil earlier in the year, it took a lot more than was shown in my parts book.
Nothing like variety. My lube and maintenance guide for the 941 Traxcavator 80H2651-up (form GEGO2000-01) shows 4.5 gallons for the lever steer and 14.5 gallons for the pedal steer.
Thanks OM..........we actually drained off about 10 1/2 gallons of #30 & replaced it with #10. The clutches release much better now with the lighter oil in there, as the weather gets colder up here.