Well is raining today, the worse it gets the worse my low dull backache gets, so much for surgery, I am now a weathervane!! Right hand is healing well, at least as far as I cannot see it. Does not appear to have much swelling nor any active harsh pain just stitch line itch and pull. Stitches come out Friday where I can actually see the new wound from carpal tunnel repair. At least that no longer puts my thumb and first two fingers to sleep now. I itch to get back to moving spoil from grade work and getting the last of the yard behind the house raked out/seeded, is driving me nuts but cannot go there as would be considered a abuse of company sick leave I am on.
Get well soon and don't push to get back to work too soon.
Right hand or left? And, are you right handed or left handed?
Right hand and right handed. Was ambidextrous until I turned fifteen, got my left hand into a wood jointer and almost lost three fingers. Still have them but a bit awkward as well arthritic since back then.
I lost a right ring finger to a table saw when i was 14. they sewed it back on and it mostly works. I split my right thumb length wise to the first joint on a table saw at 45 and it was sewn back with no pad on the front of the thumb. Ran a radial saw, jointer and a shaper for many years but they never got me. Most jointer operators that I know have lost at least one finger to the first joint. Miller, that sore hand makes it awful hard to wipe your butt, don't it. Been there and done that!
Paper still fits left hand! Even the beating my three fingers took did not keep me from entering US Army in 70's, the machine only sliced them pretty badly, belt slipped and I got out of it before they were fully destroyed. Regained pretty well 90% full use of left hand with diligent therapy work, I do not let much get me down. Seems most of us that deal with machinery lose something to them!!.