Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

941 grease point????

Z24O ยท 2011-07-06 03:15

Anyone know where the grease nipple is located for the bottom of the lift arm cylinder,please tell me it is not under the machine behind the tracks I have had a look around the area and nothing is jumping out at me. Thanks

Replies17
  1. #1rigandig2011-07-06 15:45

    Did you clean the end of the lower pin off to see if it has a recessed grease zerk? If not there look under the seat on the inside of the frame. If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll get in touch with a friend that has one of those machines and ask him.

  2. #2Z24O2011-07-06 19:45

    Thanks rigandig, I will have a closer look. Do you mean under the seat in the cab?

  3. #3rigandig2011-07-07 08:15

    yes I did.

  4. #4steve loving2011-07-08 21:11

    Im not sure but it seemd like it was in the frame in the same area the bottom half of of the cylinder is in. I think its mounter somewhere on the wall with a hose to it Steve

  5. #5rigandig2011-07-09 00:07

    On some I have seen a "gang" of grease zerks clustered together in the floor area under the front of the seat.

  6. #6lgammon2011-07-12 01:37

    i know the one you are talking about, and i never saw it for years and when i asked dad he said he didn't know about it either for a long time. when he did find it , it woulnt take grease. i will look and see if i can tell you. maybe from the under side if i am remembering right

  7. #7Smitty2011-07-14 18:46

    If it is the same as a 951, there is a grease zerk pointing straight out the side of the frame behind the cylinder and below the floor board that lubes the cylinder pivot.

  8. #8Z24O2011-07-18 19:54

    Thanks for the info guys. Can confirm nothing under the seat that looks like a grease point. Smitty,do you have to crawl under the machine to grease that point on the 951 or does it point outwards of the frame,or do you remove the floorboard plate in the cab? Cheers

  9. #9lgammon2011-07-18 23:48

    look threw the undercarriage

  10. #10Z24O2011-07-19 01:23

    Do you mean look under the track chain through to the frame? in relation to the cylinder bottom pivot where abouts is it on the clock,eg 6" at 2 O'clock I presume it is on some sort of line if it is not directly on the pivot,is the line visible as well or am I just looking for the zerk I got hold of the 941 operators manual......nothing in it about grease points!!!??

  11. #11Smitty2011-07-19 13:34

    Z, It is on the outside of the frame facing straight out toward you if you are standing beside the track. It is about 2-3" above the track. If I can figure out how to post a picture I have a good one.

  12. #12Z24O2011-07-19 18:12

    Many thanks for that,I will double check but I recall checking the obviously visible/accessible areas pretty thoroughly with no luck

  13. #13Z24O2011-07-22 03:00

    Checked today Smitty, no zerk in the position shown on your 951 Nothing visible through the track gear either Had a look down the cylinder of the ram,couldn't see any lines running off it that may lead to a remote grease point Most promising spot seemed to be a plate bolted over what looked like the pivot point at the bottom of the cylinder,it had what looked like a 2" pin with a hole through it......i dug the dirt out of it hoping to reveal a zerk.....no luck,and even if it had one it looked like there wouldn't be enough of an angle to get the grease fitting on it H-E-L-P this is driving me nuts!!

  14. #14dadsdozerhd5b2011-07-22 12:10

    raise the bucket all the way up and see if the fitting is on the bottom of the cylinder. had a 941 but cannot remember where the zerk is but do remember it being in an odd spot. do you have a parts book? look up the cylinder and find the fitting in the parts picture. good luck

  15. #15SPonthieux2011-08-01 14:21

    I am looking for a chart or Placard for my wheel loaders that indicate lube points. According to out CAT rep, these are no longer available. Does anyone know how or where I could get Placards for ALL equipment? Ex -Looking for a top view of a loader with arrows that point to all grease locations...

  16. #16Highdrive2011-09-04 16:01

    I have an early 951B that never had grease fittings for the lower lift arm. I had to order a tube kit from cat to retro-fit. I never got a chance to install the kit and never had a problem to this day.

  17. #17Scout_19692011-10-26 14:46

    Z240- I know this is a little old now, but I just came across your thread. I think you are looking for the fitting just inside the track frame rail/step on the outside of the body(?). It's accessible from the outside of the machine. It is often overlooked and they get seized up. We tried 'heating and beating' but had to cut out the old pins and install new ones on a used machine we purchased. There's usually a cover over the spring/adjuster shown in the pic.