Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

941 Tool Box Rebuild

Metalman 55 ยท 2016-01-09 17:47

Today I cut the old rotted tool box off of the inside of the door on the 941 & replaced with a new 16 ga. box. The old one was really rotten with holes through it. I was able to re use the top door for the tool box. Also made some new battery hold downs & put them on, as the batteries were just floating around in there when I got the machine a couple of months back.

Replies4
  1. #1BCOWANWHEELS2016-01-10 13:50

    better put some rubber inside or inside will rust again

  2. #2Metalman 552016-01-13 18:19

    Hmmmmm.............if the first one lasted 43 years without a rubber liner, how old will that make me before it rusts out the 2nd time?

  3. #3Nitelite2016-01-13 23:08

    That is why he is Metalman, not Rubber man, but it could use some yellow coloring! Good job!

  4. #4Metalman 552016-01-14 06:51

    The yellow coloring will most likely happen in the spring; winter wonderland out there now; big change from when this picture was taken just 5 days ago!