Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

943 lift function has quit working.

Dickjr. ยท 2018-05-03 16:13

The lift function has quit working. The bucket curl still has power. I turned the machine off and started it back and the lift worked for a few minutes , even enough to load a bucket of dirt then quit working again. I did get it to raise to see if the bucket would stay up and not drift down , the bucket set there fine. I'm wondering if a relief has gotten weak or that valve needs a rebuild. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1sealark372018-05-05 09:25

    When my lift won't, I check the hydraulic fluid level. Then, have a look at the linkage below the cab.

  2. #2Dickjr.2018-05-07 14:22

    Fluid is full , and the linkage is fine. I think it may be bypassing internal in the right cylinder. We are going to do some pressure checks later to see whats happening.

  3. #3Dickjr.2018-05-08 17:36

    A little more info on this situation , the lift works fine until you put down pressure on it , then the valve has no effect until you work the bucket tilt. Then it will start working until you put down pressure on it again. I took a heat gun and checked the temp of the lift cylinders they were both 150* which seems hot. I think there are 2 things possibly going on , the valve is bypassing and the cylinders are leaking off. The s/n of the machine is 03Y01878

  4. #4DMiller2018-05-12 14:22

    How long since the cylinders been off? Any sitting time on the machine between uses?

  5. #5Dickjr.2018-05-14 12:09

    I'm not sure the last time the cylinders were off or rebuilt. I have taken it to a local guy that works on machinery , he thinks its in the valve which on these tractors I been told the valve is in the hydraulic tank. I will report back his findings , he said he was going to do some pressure tests this past Saturday.

  6. #6ilovetracks2018-05-26 22:34

    Valves are in the tank. Tank splits in two with gasket. Mine stripped the threads on one of the lift rods, lift wouldn't work because fluid just went from one side to the other inside the cylinder while tilt worked fine. I'm sure you already checked linkage. I love a good running 943! They are an underdog, and overlooked machine

  7. #7Dickjr.2018-05-27 19:25

    We kind of have it narrowed down to the relief valves being dirty. Tank is off and the valves are torn down. Plan to reseal the valve , rebuild reliefs and reseal the right lift cylinder as it as leaking externally. I like the machine well , very fuel efficient for the work you get out of it. This happened at a terrible time as I had a couple hundred hours lined up , lost some of the work. I am considering a newer 953 but they all break and cost money to fix.

  8. #8Dickjr.2018-06-11 19:56

    Got the loader fixed. Turned out to be a bad lift cylinder , the bolt came out and let the piston loose. Completely fubared the cylinder. Removed the valves and cleaned the tank , found a used cylinder put a seal kit in it and its back in action. Put it to work last Wednesday night , got about 25 hours on it since.