Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

943 quit moving suddenly

Dickjr. ยท 2016-03-12 16:45

Using my 943 and it like a light just quit moving. I noticed hydro oil and believe the charge pump line is busted. Not sure haven't dug in deep yet. If this hose is busted how much trouble is it to change? And if it is the hose would that make it quit moving suddenly. This thing needs to be making money and not costing me.

Replies7
  1. #1sealark372016-03-12 19:36

    If it is a hose that needs to be replaced, all of them are a pain to get at, and a pain to force into shape. Good Luck, and Regards, Clark

  2. #2Dickjr.2016-03-14 22:07

    Clark , that don't sound too encouraging. I plan to pull the axles and try to push it in the shop and jack the rear up so I can get under it and remove the pans. Just bought the machine in December , its pretty cherry minus the u/c wear. Would you happen to know which hose would cause it to quit pulling suddenly? I've heard of these things venting out , I don't think that happened but I am not sure what the venting out means. My intentions are to use it 2 to 300 hours a year, that's why I don't want to spend 100 grand.

  3. #3sealark372016-03-15 09:00

    I have only been involved in replacing a ruptured hose to one of the drive motors. You will have the advantage in the shop with the machine jacked and blocked. We did it in the field with no jacking. If you can warm the replacement hose before you start installing to make it more flexible, it might help. I did it in the winter. Regards, Clark

  4. #4Dickjr.2016-03-15 17:34

    I have identified the bad hose. 391$. It is on the right side from trans to drive motor turns down a metal conduit. I can't get the axles out to move it out of the mud and on to level area to work on it. I took out the bolts on the center cover and can not get the cover to come off to pull the axle. I didn't want to get to rough on it.

  5. #5d9gdon2016-03-15 22:08

    If you had a bigger machine there, just pull it with the brakes applied by sliding it in the mud so it can't spin the hydro motors. I know how that goes though, usually a bigger machine is 50 miles away. That $391 hose was probably a big relief instead of a pump or motor or transmission.

  6. #6Dickjr.2016-03-15 22:46

    Don , completely agree. Its not a cheap fix but not a terrible expense either. I'm growing quite fond of this loader. Just need to de bug it a little.

  7. #7Dickjr.2016-03-21 20:41

    Got the hose off today , it looks to be original. The mechanic said it wasn't but it looked it to me. We had to pull the axles to get it out of the mud and found one of the axles , the gear end was starting to flake. The sun gears look ok , not the best. I'm thinking about putting in a good axle and hopefully get more time before rebuilding the final. I'll post pics tomorrow.