Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

opinions on the Cat 933 track loader

AustrotTheBull ยท 2016-03-10 18:18

After many years of going without a track loader, we are planning on buying a smaller (70 to 110 hp) unit for our farm. I've seen a lot of very positive comments here on the forum on some of the small Case units (455C and larger), but very little on the smaller Cat loaders, particularly the 933. Locally there is a nice low hour 1988 Case 455C and a low hour 1994 Cat 933, and I would much appreciate any comment folks would have on the Cat and any comparison info. Interestingly, these are priced very similarly. Many thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1dozerman4002016-03-14 12:54

    Are you sure it is a 1994? or maybe a 931? Any way I ran a 933 back in the early 80's, nice balance machine, strong for its size.

  2. #2AustrotTheBull2016-03-15 11:28

    Year and Model I checked with my Cat parts man on the year--the crawler is a 1994, but I didn't think to confirm the model. Another call is in order. I wish Caterpillar serial number data were available online somewhere.

  3. #3Rozay2016-03-15 12:56

    Did some research and it might be 42A34? The CAT 933

  4. #4AustrotTheBull2016-04-06 12:07

    After retaining a Caterpillar dealer person to evaluate a three different loaders for me, I purchased the Cat 933. The serial number for the unit is 8FL00081, so it is a 1994 model 933 and I guess it is a Japanese-made unit. Now I need to see about getting Service and Op manuals. I would appreciate any suggestions as to the best source for the manuals. Also, if anyone has any experience or comment on this apparently fairly rare model, I would be very interested to hear.

  5. #5Nige2016-04-06 12:29

    The first thing you should look for is an Operation & Maintenance Manual. This will contain the basic information regarding maintenance, fluids, etc, etc. It appears as though the O&M Manual is common to both 933 and 939 track loaders. The reference is SEBF6732-01. You may be lucky and find one on eBay or Amazon but even if you have to buy new from a Cat dealer they're probably only around $60-75. Next would be a Parts Manual. This is reference SEBP2244. You may be able to sign up with your dealer for on-line Parts access using Cat's Service Information System known as SIS-web. That would be even cheaper than buying a Parts Manual. Lastly would be a Service Manual. This manual contains everything from general maintenance to complete strip & rebuild, specifications, & troubleshooting as well as things like the hydraulic and electrical schematics. Note that a complete Service Manual includes an O&M Manual so if you go for this option right from the start you do not need to buy a separate O&M. Paper ones go for an arm and a leg, this outfit does online ones but I have no personal experience as to how good they are. Their claim is that the manuals are genuine Cat documents in either paper or CD (Adobe pdf) format ...... https://servicemanualpro.com/

  6. #6sealark372016-04-06 13:21

    There happens to be at least a dozen 933 Servive Manuals on fleabay right now.

  7. #7Nige2016-04-06 13:32

    .... and I think all of them are for the 42A-prefix machine, not 8FL. At least the ones I looked at were otherwise I would have linked them in my post above.

  8. #8walkerv2016-05-19 17:08

    SEBU6732 this is the actual operation and maintence manual from cat per your machines serial number , sent you a email let me know if you just need specific parts of the manual i will print it off and send it your way

  9. #9Nige2016-05-19 17:17

    A CD version of SEBU6732-01 is available for $36.99 from .......... https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=8FL00081

  10. #10walkerv2016-05-19 17:37

    a free option is to see if your local cat dealer will sign you up for the parts store then you will have all your parts and some documentation availble whenever you need it minus service manuals