Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

943 track adjustment bar removal

mbmrang ยท 2011-05-20 23:54

My father-in-law has an issue with his 943. I wasn't there during the start of the repair but I was there when the rod busted so I do have a little knowledge of what the problem is. He has the parts to repair the rod, but cannot get the remaining piece of rod out of the frame side of the adjuster. Is there a way to take apart that piece and remove the remaining part of the rod? We know we will have to split the track and disassemble the arm on the roller side. There is a great pic on the 953 thread that explains that part, but the frame side is where we have the issue. Any help would be appreciated, and I am glad I found this resource. Looks like something I will return to since we are also running a TLB, and couple of skidsteers on the farm.

Replies2
  1. #1mbmrang2011-05-21 09:10

    To clarify this 943 is an early 90's machine with the hydro track adjustment. I did read on another post that you take out two bolts and the assembly comes out. Is that the rod or the cylinder and all? I wish it were a little easier getting a hold of a service manual but the prices seem outragous.

  2. #2mbmrang2011-05-23 21:31

    Well, it wasn't as big a deal as he made it out to be. The shaft was basically sheared even with the bearing housing and he couldn't get a grip on it. I was there for 10 minutes and was able to work it using a couple of screwdrivers. We didn't have time to put it all together but it should be all good now.