Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

‘95 Cat307 graymarket track adjuster

Newguy 747 · 2024-11-08 10:30

Hi everyone, left track adjuster keeps getting loose. Does anyone have a procedure or shortcut they could share to efficiently remove the adjuster.? Do I need to remove track or can the job be accomplished with the track in place? Newbie here appreciate all the help I been given from this website Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Mechanic_Caterpillar2024-11-08 10:49

    Hello. Please write the serial number of the excavator.

  2. #2Newguy 7472024-11-08 10:58

    Ok 9ZL02090 00B80662 Thanks for responding!!

  3. #3Mechanic_Caterpillar2024-11-08 12:16

    Your Japanese market excavator 9ZL02090 is equivalent to excavator 307_2PM1-256, so the instructions from 2PM apply. You do not need to remove the track, you need to remove the track roller under the tensioner. See the manual attached.

  4. #4Mechanic_Caterpillar2024-11-08 12:28

    Addition

  5. #5Newguy 7472024-11-08 13:33

    OK, great I’ll check it out. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate this information. This website is great!

  6. #6Tyler d4c2024-11-08 18:10

    If its anything like the 307ssr 2 bolts it falls out the bottum. We had to make new barrels for ours as the hole was not straight or round