Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215 swing drive dry and one stipped mounting bolt

ps66x4 · 2024-11-08 10:22

I'm doing some maintenance and found these problems. I doubt there's any threads left in the frame, bolt is smooth and pulled straight up. Now what do I do?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-11-08 12:35

    You don't believe in giving much information do you.? Start with a Serial Number and post some photos of what you are up against.

  2. #2ps66x42024-11-08 13:32

    Ok Nige let's see if I get 9t right this time.

  3. #3ps66x42024-11-08 13:56

    A few more pictures. Follow the green wire to the swing drive mounting hole. What you see behind it is the hydraulic tank.

  4. #4ps66x42024-11-08 14:00

    The bolt part number is 6B9194. I might have to put a helicoil.

  5. #5Nige2024-11-09 05:12

    There would appear to be a few options. One, as you were thinking, install a Helicoil. There is the option to drill & tap the existing 1" UNF thread up to 1-1/8" UNF and open up the hole in the swing case to take the larger diameter bolt. Another possibility would be to have the hole drilled and tapped oversize whatever thread in the machine frame and have a stepped stud made to screw into it then use a 1" UNF nut on the top.