Hi, my 950 f series 2 serial # 5SK1348. Brakes are full hydraulic (not air over hydraulics). Can you advise what pump supplies the pressure to this system? cheers
Kudos for posting a Serial Number. Most first-timers don't. Can you elaborate a bit on what are the symptoms.? How long does it take for the low brake pressure warning to go off after the first engine start-up after the loader has been sitting overnight.? Have you tested the accumulator charge.?
Hi Nige, thanks for reaching out. Machine works well from start up to operating temperature. Once operating temperature is reached, the brake pressure light comes on. So, at operating temp at idle, light stays on. Raising revs turns it off but the hotter it is, the more revs needed to void park brake coming on and light staying on. I was wondering which of the 3 pumps pressurises the brake system as the gear pump on the rear of the transmission is for the supplementary steering. There is also a small vane pump on the rear of the main hydraulic pump. I have tested the accumulator’s and they are good. Cheers
What precharge pressure did you measure.? I will attempt to find a SysOp document for the brake system.
I have only checked the accumulators via sitting on a angle, engine off , park brake disconnected and had 8 good brake applications until no brakes.
That's well within the specification. From memory the brakes are run from the implement pilot pump but I have to confirm that. Do you have pressure gauges.? At some point you are going to need them.
Yes for sure. I’ll borrow a set. Cheers
It’s been a while since I had my hands on one of these but I think it is the pilot pump that supplies it. There is also the accumulator charge check valve that can cause low pressure. The seats get worn and leak. I’d say 50 percent chance the valve is a problem.
Haha yes we we are on a farm and the ol girl is our third arm! I will rip it out and strip. Cheers
Just be aware that there are no serviceable parts in the accumulator charging valve. What you have on your machine is an 8R-5603 (old style valve) which updates to a 138-6875.
Yep. Just ordered the valve. I will advise when re assembled.