Our 950H, JAD02141, won’t engage in any speed or direction. The problem has occurred a couple of times over the last few months, but after a few seconds moving the direction switch or lever back and forward it has always reengaged. Worked fine this morning but nothing after lunch. Park brake is releasing, fuses ok, voltage ok and no active codes showing. Speed and direction display on the dash doesn’t change when moving the lever through all speeds and either direction... showing 4N Reverse beeper sounds on the thumb operated direction switch but not with the hand lever. I suspect the hand lever but assume we will have to connect et to verify.
You might have no Active Codes, but do you have any codes at all..? No power at the transmission solenoids I take it..? Need an electrical schematic..?
Nige, there were no codes until the trans. fuse was pulled with power on. Haven’t been able to get to solenoids yet..mounted on top of trans. with zero access. Is there anything to be achieved by checking continuity between pos. and different speeds on selector side of connector 40?
I'd pull CONN 40 apart and check for corrosion on the terminals. Then by all means check continuity of each wire between CONN 40 and the shifter control.
Terminals at the connector look fine. Couldn’t find any continuity between any two terminals through the shifter... but then Iam not sure that there should be any. I’ll have to bite the bullet and get someone to travel the 125km out to take a look. The irony is that I have an empty float heading in to town in the morning but I can’t move the darned thing to load it. As a matter of interest... can you tell me the purpose of this group of terminals?
Any posibility that you can either winch or push the loader on to the float you have heading into town..? I'm wondering if that jumper is a kind of "Harness Codes Plug" for the transmission shifter switch. Have you had the 4-pin connector apart..? What is the condition inside it..? More importantly, have you tried pulling the connector and run the machine to see if it changes anything, it might just allow you to move it on to the float, you never know. Edit: I hope you've checked for the possibility that the neutralizer function isn't activated..? Sometimes dirt under the left pedal can be enough to do it.
Haven’t had the plug apart yet but will give it a go. I haven’t specifically checked the neutraliser, but as I mentioned up thread, the dash display always shows 4N. However, it goes to 2N when the pedal is pressed and returns to 4N when released.
On a 950g I've had the wires break in the tilt column
I’ve ordered a new shifter, so if that solves the problem I’ll check for broken wires on the old one. Bit of a punt but might save a trip out for a tech.
The shifter in question has been updated many times and is known to give trouble. it is used across a wide variety of machines Hope it fixes your problems
New shifter has solved the problem. Couldn’t find any breaks in the external wiring of the old one so the fault is obviously internal. New connector has terminals 2 and 4 blanked off, only realised now what they are... so may not have horn on the steering wheel any more.