Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

951C Discontinued Injector Pump 4N2914

ChiefMo ยท 2024-08-22 19:15

I'm having a really hard time locating an injector pump for my 3304 ENG SER# 78P5428. If anyone has one on the back porch or knows of a suitable replacement, I could use I could sure use the assist.

Replies13
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-08-24 09:16

    You should be able to find a used one with no problem

  2. #2ChiefMo2024-08-24 14:56

    Actually its been a huge problem! three days and have found one in MO that was frozen under water. bought it, one in Oklahoma, cracked casing and unknown internal problems. Thats it!

  3. #3Dave Neubert2024-08-25 08:11

    Machinery trader has some machines listed look under dismantled machines also shows a pump in Miami

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-08-31 00:30

    I would think the same IP would be used on several machines. Maybe one of the Cat experts would have a listing or cross reference of the different machines to use the same IP? Might help if you posted the part number for the complete pump and/or searched by the part number(s) instead of just for a 951C.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2024-08-31 07:33

    Whats actually wrong with it a few plungers or something may fix it

  6. #6reganj2024-09-04 21:53

    I am fairly certain I know someone that may be able to repair it===thepumpguysc====

  7. #7gwhammy2024-09-09 17:49

    I've got one, it would be a 150 hp pump from a blown motor out of a 963. Ran great till it threw a rod. There is a shop near me that's real good on pumps also. It shows your machine is 95 hp so a pump like this would definitely have to go to a shop and be set.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2024-09-09 18:22

    Could always just turn the fuel screws a bit till the smoke was just a light haze under a good load. Tho for that difference in horse plungers maybe different. Thats what I'd do if tasked with it.

  9. #9gwhammy2024-09-09 19:04

    That or I have the turbo and everything on the blown motor

  10. #10Dave Neubert2024-09-11 08:28

    It would not fit a 951 different pump

  11. #11gwhammy2024-09-12 20:45

    Didn't know that, I've never been around a 951.

  12. #12ChiefMo2024-09-23 09:35

    Thanks For all the feedback. I managed to locate two "core" pumps that I was able to Frankenstein a functional pump into. Problem im having now is I either get a run away engine or a no start depending on where I set my sleeves on the fuel control rod and plungers. I don't have any special tools and common sense told me to set the cams just under the plunger drain hole when the cam lobe is at its highest point when compression stroke had finished. So my plan now is macro adjustments downward on the sleeve until im able to sustain power and have some throttle control. If anyone has a better plan i would love to hear it! LOL, short of having me take it to a shop which I am almost ready to do.

  13. #13IceHole2024-09-24 03:32

    Not worth killing an engine, send it off to get calibrated.