Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953 start switch

cat953 ยท 2016-08-07 13:04

Need some help, have to replace start switch on a 953 20Z loader the old wires burnt off need to know where they went have 4 wires small orange,3 bigger ones white,red,orange,can not find a wiring diagram that helps,thanks for any help

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2016-08-07 13:24

    Need a Serial Number first in order to get the correct electrical schematic

  2. #2cat9532016-08-07 14:22

    20z03055

  3. #3kshansen2016-08-07 15:16

    For some reason I'm not finding a schematic for the wiring on this machine. Looked on SIS in a few of the normal places and the only thing I can see is a list of symbols used in a diagram but no diagram itself. In the parts section there is a list of harnesses but not much to indicate what goes where.

  4. #4cat9532016-08-07 15:24

    Thats what I have been running into also

  5. #5Nige2016-08-07 16:02

    Ken, I think we've come across this before. If you look in the parts manual for the lowest possible S/N range of 20Z machine IIRC a wiring schematic is there. As regards the ignition switch wiring I would imagine that all 20Z machines are the same.

  6. #6Cmark2016-08-07 16:56

    On older machines, wiring information is in Troubleshooting......... View attachment techdoc_print_page.pdf

  7. #7Nige2016-08-07 17:04

    It would appear that my infallible memory proved to be, well, fallible....... However in my defence I will point out that I was correct in saying that a kind of schematic existed somewhere.

  8. #8cb752016-08-07 20:51

    I recall a few older machines that had the wiring schematic in the operation and maintenance manual. It took up all of 1 page.

  9. #9Georgia Iron2016-08-08 08:04

    Wiring

  10. #10kshansen2016-08-08 11:10

    Cmark, Thanks now if I can remember that for next time! I had actually taken a quick look at the "Troubleshooting" page but did not see anything that looked to be about the electrical system. Now I see there is a "Troubleshooting" link inside of the "Troubleshooting" main heading where the simplified schematics are located. I knew that some of the older machines had the schematics as a page in the back of a parts book or in the operation and maintenance manuals.