I just bought this machine and it was outside with very little service.I have been doing all that has not been done in a long while.My last issue is the dump and curl feature is very stiff, I have looked at all components and am unable to figure it out.I did replace the return to did shaft bearings as mentioned on another post, it didn't help the problem.Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks J.D.
I assume you mean the hand controls not the bucket linkage. There should be a some bell cranks under the cab floor on RH side of the machine, try lubing the pins and shafts. Should get to them through the door, may need to remove Hyd tank cover to get the pins at levers outside of tank. Later Bob
I know where you are talking about, I raised the cab so I could get to all linkages.I lubed them all.After that it helped some but I am missing something.This thing has linkages and levers under it I cant even tell what their function is.There is one flat linkage that just sticks out on the right side of the frame between the frame and loader arm.It moves when and lever function is used.You cant see the inside of it from any position.There is something I have to find and lubricate.Thanks for your help.J.D.
That lever is connected to the lift cylinder and will kick the lever out of detent at the proper height. If you haven't already done so check and lube the linkage pins down beside the hyd tank. Later Bob
Thanks bob if you think of something else I can do or have missed please let me know.Its got me pullin my hair out.J.D.
Open the door to the hydraulic tank. Look along side the hydraulic tank through the open door. You will see where the linkage attaches to valves in the tank. My 953 acts up sometimes like you described and thats where my problems seems to be. Its hard to reach the linkage but you can get it with a strong stream of pb blaster. Have someone work the leaver and spray it at the same time.
Thanks for the advise J.D.