Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953 trans

lillyroger ยท 2010-01-24 15:52

I would like some technical input on a 1988 953 that I own.The trans has been rebuilt and reset by our local cat dealer and I have the test result which all read within tolarance. I would like to get more track speed when under full load eg pushing a full bucket or backing up hill.Other than that the machine performs well. I have spoken to the mechanic who did the works (who happenes to be a friend) and he cant sugest how to make it perform any better.I know that these trans,s are a well lets say a work of art and adjusting one piece throws another out. We have tried some adjustment of the overspeed controler screw below the brake shaft with little efect.Any technical input will be appriciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2010-02-06 15:55

    Try checking the engine RPM at high idle. Post your serial number and I'll tell you what it should be....

  2. #2Monte12552010-02-08 01:22

    Engine RPM should be 2550 in high idle and track speed should cover a distance of 30.5 M in 11 seconds. should be same speed for reverse. If not check your linkage on center pedal, if it is improperly adjusted you will not get your maximum ground speed. other wise your overspeed/underspeed valve may be cutting in too early.