Got a 953B 5mk with the colder weather the machine will not move until it warms up then operates perfect changed oil and filter about 40 hours ago used 10 wt CAT drive drain oil any ideas
My 963b used to do that when it was cold out. And I run 30W. After asking everyone, I finally found someone who said the hydrostat filter listed in the parts manual was the wrong media. Put in a different one and have never looked back. Been years, so I don't recall the part numbers. You did change the right filter (in the horizontal can above the splitter box), right. Not the hydraulic element in the front tank. Is the level correct in the sight glass?
I believe it should be a 132-8876. What did you install?
Yes I changed the right one and used the right filter the other filter is for clean out only. but it does have a leak I will ask what oil he put back into it
My 953C has around 6K hrs running 10WT, spec'd filters and it will be sluggish until it's warmed up. Obviously takes longer to warm up in winter but it also needs to warm up in summer.
The filter from the Parts manual is a 132-8876 is an Ultra High Efficiency 6-micron absolute filter, often referred to as a Cleanout Filter by many people. My experience is that as long as the oil in the system is clean (ISO 16/13 or better) there's no reason UHE filters can't be used as a service filter because with clean oil they won't plug from one filter change to the next, and they keep the oil super-clean. The equivalent "standard" filter would be a 1R-0741 rated at 35 micron.
Found it... My paper book says 4T-3134, which works well, until freezing temperatures. I was told that it traps moisture in its pleats, which, under 32°f, freezes, restricting flow until warmed. Changed to non-fireproof and never had another issue.
That makes sense. 4T-3132 is a 6-micron absolute filter that was really designed for use with systems containing fire-resistant fluid, although it also worked as a cleanout filter. The 4T-xxxx Part Numbers were the only 6-micron elements available for hydraulic systems for a long time until purpose-designed UHE cleanout filters for mineral oils (126-18xx Part Numbers) came on to the market. The 9T-4730 Filter Group (the illustration in your parts manual above) used 4T-3132 as the element up to Change 03. On 1st July 1999 Change 04 was introduced that cancelled 4T-3132 and replaced it with 132-8876.
Sorry...forgot we were working on a 953B. Here's the filter sheet.
And, this page, at bottom has Cat filter PDFs, like the one I excerpted from above. https://www.monarchparts.com/caterpillar_filters
Believe it or not but all reference to filters for fire-resistant fluid have been removed from the latest version (PEWJ0074 5th Edition) of the document................ Available for download from here - https://caterpillar.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10659468
I put a new filter in and it seemed better 741 is what was in it. So I ran it for a half hour and noticed that at full throttle the machine slows down and is sluggish if I back off 500 or so RPMs it actually picks up speed something is just not right
The first thing to check is your engine speed at high idle. It should be 2550 +- 60 RPM. Use an accurate tachometer.
5MK 01223 I will check Rpms thanks
Why is owner of machine running sae10 to4, do they run it year round or change it for winter temps which in our area is not really a good justification for the lighter oil. Sae 30 is in all are trackloaders year round . My basic question is did 30 come out then 10 went in and now it has issues?
This is a hyrdostat machine they use 10wt power shift use 30wt
Gotcha we dont have any that new just some hydrostat d6k's
I was wrong above. I run TO4 10W, too.