2ZN0 953C, Low engine oil light is flashing, warning lamp and buzzer going off. No event code. Thinking it may be the sensor, 3E7692. What do you think?
Try disconnecting the sensor at the engine and bridge the two wires out in the machine harness. If all the lights & alarms go off then the sensor is bad. The Monitoring System box needs to see ground via the pressure switch to keep the alarms from going off. If the alarms do not go off when you bridge the switch connector then you either have a problem in the 405 Grey wire between the switch and the CMS control, or in the ground circuit (black wire).
TY sir, I will do what you have recommended and will post the results.
You could test also the pressure switch by disconnecting the machine harness and put a multimeter across the switch connections. See whether or not the switch goes from open to closed when you start the engine. It closes at 10 psi so you should see a change between the engine stopped condition and idling speed .
I have had these go bad before
I disconnected to switch 0 O HMS with the engine running so it tells me my problem is elsewhere correct
Another thing that happened is the engine would not shut off when I turn the key off. That was a first.
I believe I have eliminated it being a ground problem. Now trying to figure where the 405 wire is going.
The 405 Grey wire only goes through one major connector (CONN 3) between the oil pressure switch and the CMS module. Try finding that connector and see whether the break is on the engine side or the cab side of it.