Hello, first off I really enjoy this forum. You guys provide a lot of good info. Thanks!! Now to my question. I have a 2004 953C. I was running it earlier today and it started bogging down real bad and shut off. I figured a little dirt or water got through some how. The machine had half a tank in it. I checked the fuel filter and it had no fuel in it. My machine has a electric priming pump, so I figured I would drain the water/fuel separator and try to re-prime the system. When I drained the water/fuel separator I went to re-prime it and It would not re-prime the system. I have a feeling that the priming pump has gone bad???? Any ideas on how to figure out if the priming pump has gone bad or if it is another issue?? Thanks in advance. :usa
i would guess ur pump is bad, i would make sure it has power to it and if so, just replace it. i wouldnt figure that a suction line fell off or anything Pj
Blow the suction line to make sure it is not blocked.
Definitely want to do that. I can't count the number of times clogged tank fitting is the issue.
Thanks guys. I guess this site has been down. I have not been able to get on here since I made my post. Yesterday morning I cleaned out the suction line and It fixed the problem. Thanks again. :notworthy:notworthy
There ya go. Does your tank have a drain fitting on the bottom of it? If it does, you for sure want to drain water/dregs from bottom of tank occasionally.
I have a Cat D3G 2005 dozer. I am guessing it is set up somewhat like your Cat. It has a fuel/water separator in the left compartment. Above the filter is the priming pump. you can hear it when the ignition is turned on before you move the switch to start. I was having problems losing power. I would change the fuel/water separator filter and all was fine. Finally, I realized the tank had debris in it. it was not as much foreign material as corrosion. There is a brass drain valve on the bottom of the tank. When I attempted to drain off any debris and water, it was very slow to drain due to the debris. I cleaned the tank and vacuumed it out. After letting evaporust set in the tank over night, I vacummed it again. Now the drain flows with a great force. I changed the filter a couple of times in the first 20 hours or so. I swear the machine runs stronger than ever and no more power loss. I have talked to a lot of people and I believe ATCOEQUIP should jump in here but seems to me debris in the fuel is one of the most common problems out there.