Going to change fuel filters down in the woods later today and book says shut off the tank valve at rear of tank. Guess I don't pay much attention long as things are working and don't remember any access to rear of tank. How is this valve accessed? I know there is a door up front bottom but that is front of tank. Thanks for help.
Do you have a Serial Number.? Then I sould upload a diagram showing where the valves are located.
No, sorry I don't at this time. Machine is several miles from here.
MY 2ZN 953C
Bbx prefix
If heymaccall's machine is different than yours best thing I could say is took "upstream" from the filter. If it needs to be shut off to change filter I would hope Cat would place it where it can be seen and accessed!
Thanks for the info. I am heading over there in a little bit. Surely it is where you could get to it.
It will be, but there are two different locations depending on whether the machine is 2ZN or BBX prefix. The key is knowing where to look.
Got those filters, all 3, changed. Air thru the line from the tank. Could hear it gurgling good up there so that is open. After this still had the problem as before. Not too suprised, but you have to do filter first I guess. Starts easy but dies down, but does not die, when a load is put on engine. Engine runs ok after starting up but starts running erantic and missing in a few seconds. RPM changes some while runnning. Not enough power to go up ramps to load and bring home. Must be a fuel issue but not sure wha,t as of yet.
And still no serial number