Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Remove cat loader bucket pins

Rjtranch · 2023-12-11 10:22

How to remove cat 963B loader bucket pins

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-12-11 10:55

    Can you post a photo of the pins please. I think you may have cartridge pins but just need to confirm that. There was an update to a different type of pin IIRC. Also a machine Serial Number would be a good idea.

  2. #2Rjtranch2023-12-11 11:58

    9BL2890

  3. #3Nige2023-12-11 12:53

    OK, so you have cartrdge pins. Are you planning on re-using them or simply replacing the pins & collets with new.? Attached the R&I procedure but if it has been on for any length of time it will not be as simple as the procedure makes out so prepare yourself for a challenge. To give you an idea the 4C-9634 Puller Stud is rated at 60 tons, the 6V-3175 puller is rated 55 tons @ 10,000psi. For your own safety please don't go using 1-1/4" diameter 12TPI all-thread bar, it WILL break.

  4. #4Shimmy12023-12-11 15:13

    So, pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason for a design that makes it a almost biblical undertaking to remove a bucket from a machine? Was this design intended to be lifelong solution?

  5. #5Cmark2023-12-11 15:42

    F

  6. #6gwhammy2023-12-23 19:51

    I've tried a treaded puller on them with no luck. I think I finally torched the collet out but don't really remember. I know I spent several days fighting it. The ones on a 973 have three fine thread holes to use bolts in. Did one in around 4 hours last week. I would get new ones with the new pin.Good luck.

  7. #7Welder Dave2023-12-24 00:28

    For unlawful carnal knowledge?

  8. #8Nige2023-12-24 07:57

    There is a good reason why the recommended tooling for removing the collets includes a 55-ton rated hydraulic cylinder……