Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953C Gauges inop

boomguy701 ยท 2014-04-24 14:58

I have a issue with the gauge cluster and the display module . I cant see the led for the service codes on the old one so ordered a new module from cat and now it only will go to step 2 when I try to put it in service mode. I was wondering if this new module had to be cal to the machine? I know I have a bad sending unit for the fuel gauge but it also had codes for the temp sender and hydraulic temp..

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-04-24 17:22

    I think it needs to be setup with ET. Many components are used on different machines and need to be setup to the machine they are on before they will operate. Later Bob

  2. #2Nige2014-04-24 18:00

    As usual a Serial Number (or at least the S/N prefix - 2ZN or BBX? ) would help. Did you replace the quad gauge cluster or the Main Display Module, or both ..? The Quad Gauge Module is Plug & Play, the Main Display Module has to be initialized.