Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953C goes to neutral —once in a while ??

LeakyBoot ยท 2012-11-19 15:37

Sometimes when I shift between forward and reverse it does nothing. If I wait a few seconds then it starts moving again. I may have some kind of problem with the shift lever as I notice sometimes the back up alarm beeps while in the park position and if I take it out of park and put back in again it usually stops beeping. Also when going forward I think I have to move the lever about half way back before it starts to move. Farther than I used to have to. Anyone have any ideas on this? I plan to take the plastic cover off the shift and throttle assemble soon as I get this machine back home later this week. Maybe something has come loose? Thanks. LB Machine has 4400 hrs

Replies4
  1. #1Lee-online2012-11-19 16:37

    try calibrating the pwm for the direction lever.

  2. #2LeakyBoot2012-11-19 21:21

    2NZ if I remember correct. I'll double check tomorrow. 1998 year. How hard is the calibration procedure? I do have the service manual but it seems quite complicated. Thanks, LB

  3. #3Lee-online2012-11-19 21:26

    its a 2zn. I could do the calibrations for the pedals in under a minute but for me to type it out would take ages. Do you know how to access anything with the 3 hidden switches?

  4. #4LeakyBoot2012-11-19 21:36

    Not yet----never had any problem with machine to date. I did see some service codes when I clicked on the dash switch to bring them up. I can get those if it helps any. Thanks LB