I believe I fix the service codes on my machine. I'm trying to reset them. I found what I think is the reset panel inside the righthand side storage compartment in the cab. I removed the cover and it has 3 switches. I'm still having problems resetting them. Does anyone have a procedure to do so? Thanks, Mike
Are the 3 switches tagged Mode, Scroll, & Clear.? If you have fixed all the Codes the SERV CODE icon on the Monitor Panel will go out after the key-on self test has completed.
Yes. I thought I had to reset them?
You do have to reset/clear them. I was just trying to ascertain if you had actually fixed all of them.
The third switch says something about calibrate. So how do I reset?
Let me just double-check. I don’t want to give you wrong info. What’s the machine Serial Number.?
CAT0953CJ2ZN05495
Ok, this should be your switch panel. You are only going to use switches 1 & 2. To clear the Diagnostic Codes:- 1. Key on and let the monitor panel complete its self-test. 2. Press & hold both the Service & Clear switches together. The monitor panel shoul display "-0-", followed by "-1-", etc. 3. When the panel indicates "-3-" release both switches. 4. The first Diagnostic Code should appear on the screen. Press and hold the Clear switch for a couple of seconds. (NOTE: If the SERV CODE icon lights up when a Code appears it means that the Code is active and cannot be cleared. In that case briefly press the Scroll switch to scroll the the next Code on the list.) 5. The Code should disappear and be replaced by the next one in the list. Press Clear again to clear that one. 6. Continue as above until the screen shows three dashes "---" or "No Codes". 7. Press & hold both the Service & Clear switches together. The panel will show "-3-" followed by "-4-", etc. Keep the switches pressed until the panel shows "-0-" again, then release them. The monitor panel is now back in normal operating mode.
Awesome thank you Nige! I will try later today. Mike
You're welcome. If you come across any issues be sure to come back and ask. Please don't crack on ahead blindly, there are lots of modes in that system that you do not want to mess with unless you REALLY know what you are doing.