Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

953C service codes——what do they mean?

LeakyBoot ยท 2012-11-20 15:34

079 299F04 137F08 468F13 Any info appreciated. Machine is currently setting on trailer unable to move. I'm thankful I did get it loaded and home. LB

Replies12
  1. #1Lee-online2012-11-20 16:45

    CID 0299 Position Sensor (Speed and Direction) FMI 04 Voltage that is below normal or shorted low. CID 0137 Pressure Sensor (Pilot) (Right Drive Motor) FMI 08 Abnormal frequency, pulse width or period CID 0468 Position Sensor (Center Pedal) FMI 13 Out of calibration. Do you have any active codes? Clears these and see what comes back after you calibrate 1-10 in submode 05. also check the harness under the cab where it passes over the air cleaner. They rub throught there.

  2. #2CM19952012-11-20 18:10

    Checking mine tomorrow. Thanks for the info Lee!:drinkup As you know from my other thread, I have had a few issues start to show up myself - none at the moment thank goodness. Is there any other week spots with the wiring harness(s) routing we need to look at?

  3. #3Dickjr.2012-11-20 21:04

    We just had the same ordeal with no moving and intermitent neutral. Turned out a bushing in the forward reverse control was worn giving a false position to the switches . Start it up and work the direction control up down forward and reverse. Bet thats it. Our machine has 13700 hrs as of today.

  4. #4LeakyBoot2012-11-21 08:55

    Thanks for all the info. I'm working on it.

  5. #5LeakyBoot2012-11-21 08:57

    Dickjr-----13700 hrs is quite alot. Can you tell me how many major parts have been replaced---such as engine rebuild at how many hrs? Just wondering what to expect from my 44oo hr machine. LB

  6. #6Dickjr.2012-11-21 17:00

    13700 hrs , engine was in framed at 9000, few hoses here and there , one drive pump at 12000 hrs. Undercarriage at 12500 complete rebuilt adjusters etc. Your machine sounds kind of cherry. Ours still handles and operates as well as a new one. The left final is leaking a gallon every other day sometimes not at all. Our mechanic said for 10 grand he could make it as new paint , leaks interior bucket linkage etc. Cheaper than 300k for a new one.

  7. #7CM19952012-11-21 18:43

    Mine just turned 4K. I checked the wiring harness that Lee mentioned going over the air cleaner. There is some chaffing on the outer wrap but nothing major. I am going to wrap it in some rubber. I hope to see 13K hours out of mine. Dickjr, $10K does sound like a good deal to get a loader makeover. Track loaders are sort of a dying breed but if you know their potential, they're one hell of a machine.

  8. #8Lee-online2012-11-21 19:04

    At 13k hours the duo-cone is likely worn and is causing the leak. This is fairly simple to repair and can be done on the machine without removing the entire final. We used to work on trackloader all the time. There was always one or two in the shop a few years ago.

  9. #9JBGASH2012-11-21 20:14

    Thanks Lee, I will check my harness also for any rubbing. I have 5300 hrs and have had no problems at all with the machine. . The trackloader is so versatile for all phases of construction we could not make it without one. Your expertise is very much appreciated by all, Thanks Again!!

  10. #10CM19952012-11-21 20:18

    Yes it is Lee!:thumbsup

  11. #11Dickjr.2012-11-21 22:42

    Thanks Lee , thought about the final repair as in my shop. If I tear into it I may bend your ear a bit.

  12. #12LeakyBoot2013-02-03 09:26

    Update on my 953C problems--The code system on these machines is pretty useful once you get into it. Not hard at all to understand. I put on a new senser, did calibrations, cleared codes and no new codes came up when I ran it in driveway so hope that is done. The linkage was like new so no problems there and no chaff on wires so hope was only the senser going out. Thanks for help. LB