does any have the color coated wiring schematics for cat 953c 2zn
Are you still having trouble with the temp gauge being pegged as well as travel? You can retrieve fault codes from the engine monitor panel in the machine. If you have the manual look up how to get the codes and write them down. Post them on here. I wouldn't tear into the wiring harness yet. Some have posted on here about the harness getting rub spots but I would check these fault codes first. These machines use a pulse width modulating system which is what I refer to as a watch dog. That's why your temp sender has 3 wires. I'm not 100% sure , but it sends a signal through each part of the machine and the control module has to see a certain amount of voltage or it will either limp the machine or the red light will flash warning that maintenance is required. Lots of times the light will flash , as long as the machine is not hot , has oil in it people will continue to run it, which it is designed to do. Then if its not fixed the problem can go into a failure and shut the machine down.
The only code I can manage to pull is 030 248f02 and serv code is lit up in the right corner..from my understanding that code is for incorrect or erratic signal through data link?
Hopefully someone will chime in on that code , I don't have a book on those. If you call your dealer they should be able to tell you what it isand where to look. I still think its something simple.