Hey I have got 1996 cat 953c s/n 2zn0650..that will not travel... While pushing dirt the machine came to a sudden stop, the tempature gauge went from normal to pegged out on hot and all warning lights came on..we shut off the machine as soon as this happened incase it was running hot..but now the machine cranks and runs fine and so do the other hydraulics... but it will not travel..........anyone can help??????
Most likely the temp sender , basically it thinks its hot so it won't let the machine travel ,unplug it or tap it and see if it changes anything. I'll bet money that's it.
Where would that be located... thermastat housing,...water pump??
Thermostat housing , I think it takes a 1" wrench. Seals with an o ring.
I took it out cleaned it tapped on it a bit put it back in but nothing changed ..should I jus buy a new temp sender Or anything else I can try or check?
Run a heavy wire 8 Ga from the cab ground cluster to the machine frame. Later Bob
Still no luck tried the wire and temp sender any more ideas
It's electrical controls so if it wasn't a ground best get ET hooked to it and narrow it right down. Later Bob