Hello I bought a 955h loader a few years ago and am now getting around to working on it. I need to know the filter parts numbers for it If anyone could help me out? Serial number is 06a1
You mean 60a, which filters?
60A-prefix machine falls into 3 groups for ordering parts. 60A1-4999, 5000-8412, and 8413-Up. Which group does your machine fall into.? Filters may be common (haven't looked) but it would pay to know what we are dealing with.
Yes
Any of them very hard for me to find info on this machine any info would be greatly appreciated
60a1-4999
You really need a Parts Manual for a machine this old. The online info is iffy at best. Search for Cat Publication UE034896. You can download one from Cat for $124. Cat Publications Online - Order Cat® Parts and Operation Manuals Online Official source for Caterpillar® parts catalogs, operator and maintenance manuals, and service manuals for all Cat machines and engines. Purchase yours today! catpublications.com For other options go here and put in your Serial Number in the form 60A0xxxx - https://www.servicemanualpro.com/
This is what appears for 60A1-4999. Engine oil: 7M-3800 + 2 x gasket 5M-9999. Fuel: 9H-4729 + gasket 5M-0954. Fuel Screen (if damaged) located in glass bowl under fuel transfer pump 9M-5451 + gasket 9H-2770. Air: Primary 8M-8048. Secondary 8M-8047. May require gasket 4M-1485. Transmission: 7M-3800 + Seal 5F-3144. Steering Clutch Booster: 7M-3800 + Seal 5F-3144. Hydraulics there are various options. It might require an accurate Serial Number or open up the filter housing on your particular machine and see what's inside as you prefer. I haven't checked any of the above for updated Part Numbers. As far as I can see they are correct but I wouldn't guarantee it 100%.
Is your machine lever or peddle steer? Nick
Lever thank you
Thank you for th no sir
As I said above you really need to get yourself a Parts Manual, and sooner rather than later. EDIT: From my comment on your thread regarding a turbocharger. Can you please confirm in which range the machine Serial Number falls. I would suggest not to go any ordering filters until you confirm the information. It also means that the Parts Manual I referenced above might possibly be the wrong one.
OK, so the Serial number is now confirmed as 60A13279, only a dozen or so machines before the production of the 60A model ended at 60A13741. So that changes everything............ The Parts Manual is this one covering machines from S/N 60A8413 to the last machine built. I cant see anyting available used. Cat Publications - https://catpublications.com/ or https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=60A13729 appear to be the only two alternatives to get hold of one.
I 60a13279
Regarding filters - This is what is listed for machine S/N 60A13279. Engine oil: 5S-0484 (or 1R-0659) + 2 x gasket 5M-5999. Fuel: 1R-0724 + gasket 5M-0954. Fuel Screen (if damaged) located in glass bowl under fuel transfer pump 2S-1882 + gasket 9H-2770. Air: Primary 7W-5389. Secondary 2S-1285. May require gasket 4M-1485. Transmission: 1R-0659 + Seal 5F-3144. Steering Clutch Booster: 1R-0659 + Seal 5F-3144. Hydraulic System: 1R-0741 + 2K-8257 Seal. As far as I can see these numbers are correct but I wouldn't guarantee them 100%.