First post. I purchased a 955H awhile back that did not run, Ser # 108XX. After working on it a little while, I have that problem solved, and moved onto getting it to move. I changed fluids and filters and cleaned the suction screen. When pushing on a tree it seemed to have plenty of power on both sides. I tried turning it and when I applied the right turn brake (pedal steer), the machine would almost stop. When doing the same with the other brake it will turn on a dime. Any ideas? Blackiesmith
Do you mean the engine down would pull down? My first guess would be the right steering clutch is stuck or possibly out of adjustment.
I would agree with my learned friend above. If this machine was a non-runner for a long time have you thought about lifting the floorplate and lubricate/un-seize all the brake & clutch control linkages yet..? Also your Serial Number doesn't make complete sense. Before the last 5 digits there should be 3 other characters that define exactly which model it is, typically 60H or 61J.
Serial # 60A108XX. It was in my notes but my brain and fingers did not connect on the keyboard. When I apply the right brake the left track is trying to pull just not hard enough to turn. When left brake is applied the right track runs strong. When going straight into something big both tracks dig in. Thanks for the quick reply. Blackiesmith
I also have the floorplate up and will lube and check linkages. Thanks
Get your self a service manual and check steering clutch adjustments ,that system must have one of the most parts and pieces you could put in that space. It also uses a hydraulic booster . Good luck Bob