Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955h tracks same as??

dhutch ยท 2013-04-07 11:14

Im looking to replace the tracks, or at least the rails on my 955h 60A. I use it around the farm and dont really want to buy new because as soon as I do the finals or something else expensive will go out. The machine runs good, but the rails are worn through to the pins. Will rails from a 951B work on the 955h? I know the 955K and up and 951C and up use the 6.91 pitch. Any help or advice is appreciated. If anyone knows of a good used set of tracks could be found, please let me know. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1caterpillarRy2013-04-07 12:01

    As far as I know they are the same as on a u series d4 with a 5 roller track frame should work cause that's what we replaced the old tracks on our 941b with and a d4d should have the same tracks but I wouldn't know 100% for sure so just take it with a grain of salt

  2. #2wingnut132013-04-19 23:01

    I have a 955h for parts that has a decent set of rails Ill sell

  3. #3Nige2013-04-20 07:08

    Are your links 6.91" or 8.00" pitch..?

  4. #4wingnut132013-04-20 19:23

    6.91

  5. #5tctractors2013-04-21 02:20

    The Track Chains on the 951 B should be 6.75 pitch, but there is a modification by CAT to bring this model to the same setting as the 951C = 6,91 with new track groups (plates chains spockets) this make a 951B into a non hunting tooth shovel, the pitch mod is easy to spot as the track plate is clearly larger and the sprocket has un-used teeth on it (every other one) I do have a good set of 6.91 pitch chains that I dont need, the postage would put this into the "Non Starter" slot.

  6. #6Nige2013-04-21 08:06

    D5, D5B, & 951 all share the same 6.91" pitch link. The number of links on a D5 might well differ from a 951. I would imagine the tractor would have longer track frames therefore more links in the rails.

  7. #7tctractors2013-04-21 13:46

    the 951a and the 951B should sit on 6.75 links, the C series shovels sit on 6.91 links.

  8. #8Nige2013-04-21 14:56

    You are correct Tony. I missed the C off 951 .......

  9. #9BDWILLY2015-04-03 15:36

    Loader willnot turn to left. I have tried to adjust steering clutch doesnt help

  10. #10Nitelite2015-04-04 22:15

    dhutch, I am considering replacing my sprockets and chains on the 951-C when I get the engine overhaul finished. My sprockets are really the problem, more so than the chains. I don't know what my old chains are worth but the Cat dealer in Camden Tn. just sent their PSSR out to measure the entire undercarriage and I would think that he still has the estimated wear left in the chains. They are nowhere near wearing through the bushings. You can have a look, I am in Ashland City Tn. Best I remember, I am a little farther than fifty miles from Cumberland City. My chains are 39 links, 6.91 pitch.