Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955K Bucket operation

Thesteeleboy ยท 2016-08-23 14:16

Being a loader and backhoe operator and soon to be owner of a 955K, Would it be possible for me to swap a couple hoses on the bucket role control valve so when you pull it back the bucket polls back?

Replies9
  1. #1tctractors2016-08-24 15:26

    On the 955 the levers are set to give the best control of the equipment, try getting used to it as it works real sweet once you get your hand in, this is amplified if you have a 4 X 1 bucket fitted. tctractors

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-08-24 19:57

    As the levers are as factory built you can lift and start dumping with one hand as you approach the truck or other dump point. As you lower the boom as you return for the next you are pulling the bucket back to level, still with one hand. I'm with tctractors on this one, you will soon become used to it and if like most really get to like it.

  3. #3Thesteeleboy2016-08-25 00:24

    OK you guys probably know best, Ill give it a try. Thank you for the advise

  4. #4kevin37b2016-08-26 14:55

    That is one queer set up , I have run one . There is nothing good about it . Wait till you bang the truck .

  5. #5Thesteeleboy2016-08-27 15:49

    Backward bucket controls My toughs exactly, so back to my original question, can you swap hoses so the bucket controls are the same as every thing else I run?

  6. #6old-iron-habit2016-08-27 18:24

    Guess I don't understand how it has anything to do with banging the truck any more than with them reversed. Unless you mean not being used to it? As with most machined it takes a bit to get used to it. I'm sure the hoses can be reversed. You may find an easy spot where the hose splits to go to each sides cylinder.

  7. #7kshansen2016-08-27 19:15

    Given a little seat time I would think it would be easy to get used to the different controls. I know where I worked we had three different skid-steers. Case, JCB and BobCat. all three had something different about the controls, joy sticks, levers, or foot controls. I might have to stop to think before I explained which control did what but sit in the seat and by the time I was near a pile to move it all came natural. In a way I might have had it better or worse than some as about the only time I actually had opportunity to run one of them was after someone broke one and I fixed it. So I might go weeks or months without sitting in one. Same thing with the Terex Haul trucks and the Cat haul trucks. The Cat reverse was all the way back and on the Terex reverse was all the way forward. The one that did give me a little trouble at first was the joy-stick steering on the 988H! Hey someone stole the steering wheel! NOw that felt strange at first!

  8. #8Tinkerer2016-08-28 07:59

    The naysayers are in the minority about those levers. I also thought it was a strange set-up the first time I ran one, loading trucks no less. After about an hour I really liked it. Take your time the first few cycles, you won't be "banging trucks".

  9. #9Thesteeleboy2016-08-29 23:50

    Thanks for all the great input. I appreciate all of you taking the time to help out.