My old JD 750C is getting tired and I am looking at replacing it with either a 750J or a D6N. The machine is used around the ranch for various projects from cleaning fence lines, building and cleaning out ponds, building roads and anything in between. My progression of dozers has been a D6B to a D7E to a JD750C. I love the hydrostatic nature of the 750 and being able to have full power on turns and infinite speed control. Would I be happy with a D6N with differential steer and TC or should I stay with JD? I would like to move to a cab model if possible. The older I get the more I appreciate the better work environment. How would you compare the two? . . . . or should I keep the 750C (replace UC) and lighten its load by picking up a 150-200 class excavator. Case, JD and Cat are the ones with close service and parts. Thanks in advance.
Hey Tex, where kind of on opposite ends of this. You have experience with the 750 and Ive had a 6m and a 6N. Only thing is this is how I make a living. Both of my machines were very good put 26,000 hrs on the two total. I ready to replace the N. Cant find one with semi-u. With low hours and price. Just went searching for a 750. Ive been in buisness 44 yrs, never had anything but cat. Going to be hard to change, but Im open to change right now. For you I would stick with what you like just up grade.
I think the 6N is a little bigger but a guy doing some work at my property with an JD 850J said it will back out of a soft spot easier than a high sprocket Cat. He's worked along side a D6N and it's more work to get it backed out of a hole. He upgraded from a D6D so wasn't set on the JD but after having it likes it a lot.